Full Name : Gillian Leigh Anderson
Nick Name : Gill
Date of Birth : 9th August 1968
Place of Birth : Chicago, IL, USA
Hair Color : Ash blond
Eye Color : Blue
Height : 5’3″ (160cm)
Religion : Christianity
Current Location : London, UK
Zodiac Sign : Leo
Family : Gillian Anderson was born in August 9, 1968 in Chicago, USA. Her father’s name is Edward Anderson and mother’s name is Rosemary Anderson. Edward Anderson is involved and owned a film post-production company where he worked as a manger and Rosemary Anderson is a computer professional specialized in Computer Analyst. Gillian Anderson has a sister and her name is Zoe Anderson (born on July 7, 1983) , who is an actress too. Gillian’s brother’s name is Aaron Anderson and he is her younger brother.
Gillian Anderson has been married twice; her first husband’s name is Clyde Klotz, assistant art director of the popular ‘The X-Files’ . She then married Clyde Klotz in 1994 and divorced in 1997. In the 2004, Anderson married a documentary filmmaker named Julian Ozanne . They announced their separation after 16 months of marriage. Gillian Anderson is now involved with Mark Griffiths.
Anderson has 3 children. Her daughter, Piper Maru lives with Gillian’s ex-husband Clyde Klotz. Anderson also has two sons, Oscar and Felix.
Education : Gillian Anderson first attended Fountain Elementary in early childhood . Then she got admitted in City High-Middle School, in a program for gifted students with a strong emphasis on the humanities. she graduated in the year 1986.
Gillian Anderson was caught trying to jam the high school doors by filling their locks with glue on the eve of her graduation day and was arrested on graduation night for breaking and entering into the high school. Her classmates votes her as ‘Most Bizarre’ ,’ Class Clown, ‘Most Likely to be Arrested’ etc. Gillian Anderson had great interested in marine biology. But she somehow started acting in high school productions , and later in community theater. She served as a student intern at the Grand Rapids Civic Theatre. She attended The Theatre School at DePaul University in Chicago .
Gillian Anderson earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in the year 1990 from DePaul University. She also participated in the National Theatre of Great Britain’s summer program at Cornell University.
Acting in Film : Gillian Anderson has acted in several movies and among them A Matter of Choice, The Mighty , Princess Mononoke , The Last King of Scotland , The X-Files: I Want to Believe are some of the hit movies. Her acting in the movie The X-files: I want to believe was due to the huge success for the same character Dana Scully in the TV serial The X-files.
Here is the list of her complete filmography :
Three at Once : 1986
A Matter of Choice : 1988
The Turning : 1992
Chicago Cab, aka Hellcab : 1998
The Mighty : 1998
The X-Files : 1998
Playing by Heart : 1998
Princess Mononoke : 1999
The House of Mirth : 2000
The Mighty Celt : 2005
A Cock and Bull Story : 2005
Bleak House : 2005
The Last King of Scotland : 2006
Straightheads, aka Closure : 2007
The X-Files: I Want to Believe : 2008
How to Lose Friends & Alienate People : 2008
The movies yet to release : Boogie Woogie, Gellhorn , The Smell of Apples
Awards Achievement :
—– For her role as Agent Scully in The X-Files: —-
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award: Favorite Sci-Fi Actress Won (1999) .
- Emmy Award: Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series : Nominated (1996, 1998, 1999) . Won (1997)
- Golden Globes: Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series (Drama) : Nominated (1996, 1998, 1999) . Won (1997)
- Golden Satellite Award: Best Performance by an Actress in a Series, Drama Nominated (1997, 1998, 1999, 2001)
- National Television Award (UK): Most Popular Actress : Nominated (1996, 1997)
- Saturn Award: Best Actress in TV Series : Nominated (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002) : Won (1997) .
—- Sci-Fi Universe Magazine Reader’s Choice Award —-
- Best Actress in a Genre TV Series : Won (1995)
- Screen Actors Guild Award: Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series : Nominated (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001) . Won (1996, 1997).
- TV Guide Awards: Favorite Actress in a Drama Nominated (1999, 2000).
- Viewers for Quality Television Award: Best Actress in a Quality Drama Series . Won (1998, 1999) . Nominated (1995).
—- For her role as Lily Bart in The House of Mirth —-
- British Independent Film Award: Best Actress . Won (2000).
- Golden Satellite Award: Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama : Nominated (2001).
- London Critics Circle Film Award: Actress of the Year : Nominated (2001).
- Village Voice Film Critics Poll: Best Performance : Won (2000).
—- For her role as Lady Dedlock in Bleak House:—
- BAFTA TV Award: Best Actress : Nominated (2006)
- Broadcasting Press Guild Award: Best Actress. Won (2006).
- Emmy Award: Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie : Nominated (2006) .
- Golden Globe: Actress, Miniseries or Movie : Nominated (2007).
- Satellite Award: Best Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television : Nominated (2005) .
Acting in TV :
The X-Files (1993 – 2002)
Spies Above (1996)
Future Fantastic (1996)
Why Planes Go Down (1997)
Bleak House (2005)
Moby Dick (in production 2009)
Gillian Anderson’s Favorite :
Gillian’s Favorite movies : La Vie En Rose,Cinema Paradiso , The Piano, Sunshine,The Lives of Others, Out of Africa, Wallace & Gromit, It’s a Wonderful Life….
Gillian’s Favorite books : The Road Less Traveled — by M. Scott Peck; The Power of Now — By Eckhart Tolle; The Seat of the Soul; The Fantasy Bond — by Robert W. Firestone; The Courage to Heal — by Ellen Bass; Mountains of the Mind — By Robert MacFarlane; The God of Small Things — by Arundhati Roy; A Map of the World — By Jane Hamilton; The Kite Runner — by Khaled Hosseini; Bel Canto — by Ann Patchett; The Last King of Scotland –By Giles Foden; The Time Traveler’s Wife — by Audrey Niffenegger; The Late Hector Kipling — by David Thewlis etc.
Recent News of Gillian Anderson :
==> Gillian Anderson has finally moved from Los Angeles to London and she remarked the moving as a very positive thing she has done lately. She quoted : “By moving to London, I removed myself from the madness of the entertainment industry. I love the city, the culture, and the opportunity to bring my children up in a more sane environment.”
==> Gillian Anderson has confirmed that she will act i n the 3rd X-file movie which she early denied.
==> Gillian Anderson recently told in an interview that she wishes that she could ‘control her accent. The Chicago-born actress grew up in London and admits she finds it bizarre that her dialect switches rapidly from British to American without her intending to.
Gillian Anderson was voted “Sexiest Woman in the World” by FHM magazine in the year 1996.
Gillian Anderson’s Career :
After her father Edward Anderson moved to Puerto Rico and then to London, Gillian moved to New York, and found work on stage at the age of 22. At the age of 24 she caught the eye of X-Files creator Chris Carter, and was cast as Agent Scully in the hit series. Gillian played this role for ten years. It earned her an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe, two SAG awards, and a spot in the heart of every nerdy male virgin over thirty in the United States.
Since The X-Files ended, Gillian has relocated to England. She performs on stage there, and continues to do film and television. Most of her current projects are UK based. Gillian devotes time to a number of charitable causes, including PETA, Artists for a New South Africa, Action for Southern Africa, and the Neurofibromatosis Association. She has also been through a slew of relationships, many of them featuring unconventional wedding ceremonies. In 1994, Gillian married Clyde Klotz, an X-Files assistant art director, in a Buddist ceremony on a Hawaiian golf course. This relationship lasted several years. In 2004, Gillian married Julian Ozanne, a documentary filmmaker, on an island off the coast of Kenya. The couple separated 16 months later. Gillian has just had a son with new boyfriend, Mark Griffiths. How they cemented their relationship is not known, but most certainly was eccentric and laced with international flair.
Stuff she’s done, ie: movies, tv, albums:
- Straightheads, The Last King of Scotland, Bleak House, A Cock and Bull Story, The Mighty Celt, The X Files, Frasier, The X-Files I Want To Believe
Dudes she has worked with:
David Duchovny, Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Raymond J. Barry, Nicholas Lea, James McAvoy, Jon Stewart, Rodney Rowland .